Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pintervention

I need one.

If you haven't the slightest of what I am speaking, turn away now. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Buuuuut if the suspense is killing you, Pinterest is a virtual pinboard that allows you to "pin" pictures, articles, recipes, DIY tutorials, videos, and pretty much anything you can find online that you can organize onto "boards" and share with other "pinners."

In terms of productivity, its quite possibly both the best and worst things in the history of ever to happen to the Dawson household. DIY crafts are at an all time high, while the housework is, well, consistent.

Consistently being put off.

On one hand, I have collected hundreds and hundreds of fun craft ideas, countless recipes, and pin after pin of home decoration and clothing inspirations that I refer to and use on a regular basis. On the other hand, I'll stay up well after midnight some nights, lost in a sea of pins- life sucking, zombie mommy making pins. Iced coffee has become my best friend, and yes, I got the recipe on Pinterest.


And what would this post be without some picto-brags?

Here are some necklaces I made for a dear friends wedding this past September, with the help of Little Birdie's Secrets Rosette Tutorial



And this project-- I'm still bragging about it. Its wall art made from a pallet. Another good friend of ours found three and saved them for me and here is what the first one has become-



What is even more exciting to me is that the entire project cost less than $10. The photos I printed out at Target for $.20 each and the frames? All from The Dollar Tree! One smackaroo!

OH! How could I forget this one? I've stabbed myself in the thumb with needle so many times this week I think I've finally started to lose feeling! They're Catherdral Windows- a quilting technique that I have long admired and feared. Turns out, they're kinda easy! If you can make a Cootie Catcher, you can make this quilt.



Each window is made from a piece of a woven wrap scrap that has lived here and snuggled my sweet boy.

And just for the record, I'm still laughing over the title of that fortune game, Cootie Catcher! I was never aware it had a real name until Google informed me only moments ago. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment